Category Archives: Church of the Holy Comforter (West Philadelphia)

A Short History of the Different [Episcopal] Churches South of Walnut Street and East of the Schuylkill (n.d.)

From the Archives of the Diocese of Pennsylvania. Written by G. Woosley Hodge, rector of Church of the Ascension. Click on the image to access this essay.

160729-114840-Page-003a

Report of the Committee on Free Pews in the Diocese of Pennsylvania (1919)

From the archives of the Church of the Holy Trinity

Scan 37 Scan 38 Scan 39 Scan 40

Newspaper Article of the Opening of the Chapel of the Holy Communion (1888)

From the Minutes of the Meetings of the South West Convocation, found in the archives of Trinity Church, Oxford.trinityoxford2 3

Newspaper Article about the Blessing of the Parish House at St. Elisabeth’s Church (1890)

From the Minutes of the Meetings of the South West Convocation, found in the archives of Trinity Church, Oxford.trinityoxford2 32

Table of Proposed Parochial Boundaries for the Southwest Convocation (1887)

trinityoxford2 22

Special Service and Meeting of the Guilds of Acolytes at St. Alban’s Church, Olney (1913)

From the June 1913 Church News:

ChurchNews 3ChurchNews 4